Updated: Jan 5
Looking to exercise your dog or mix and mingle with other dog owners in town? How about heading to a dog park? We love visiting the dog parks around town and getting out in nature, or even visiting the boutique parks that offer beer, coffee, kombucha and even breed based play dates! Yup, these aren't your parents' dog parks! Some are free, some are fee based, and some are membership based. Jacksonville dog parks are some of the best in town with hiking trails, paved paths so owners can get exercise, and like we said: beer! We've put together the top list of dog parks in Jacksonville, Florida! Scroll down below for off leash dog park fun!!
1. Nocatee Trails for Tails Dog Park - With a large pond, pine flatwoods forest fringe, and a concrete walking path, you can't go wrong at this free park! It is located right near the Nocatee Spray Park with plenty of parking. Dogs will love running in and out of the water and owners will enjoy getting exercise. Free. Nocatee
2. Paws Dog Park at Davis Park - Davis Park has baseball fields, softball fields, soccer and football, but they also have dog parks! We love the nature surrounding the park, the agility centers, and the lake. Free entry. Ponte Vedra
3. Veterans Park Dog Park - This park hosts 3 acres of dog heaven. It has large and small breed designated areas, plenty of space to run, and it also has picnic shelters and water fountains.
4. Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park - Enjoy plenty of space to roam and hiking trails at this park!
Free. Jacksonville's Westside off Roosevelt Boulevard.
5. Julington Durbin Preserve - Julington Durbin Preserve hosts 2,300 acres of sandhill and floodplain forest natural communities - a natural area with 8 miles of off road hiking trails! Dogs love this park and it is busy with dog walkers, runners, hikers, and horses. Dogs must be leashed and owners must bring their own bags for waste pick up. Enjoy the nature, bird watching, and peaceful open space. Free. Bartram Park Boulevard near I-95 and Old St. Augustine Road in south Jacksonville. Location.
6. St. Johns Town Center Dog Park - Shopping AND a dog park, what could be better? A secret park at the town center, this dog park is near Dick's Sporting Goods. Dogs will love digging in the sand!
7. Memorial Park - Designed by the famous Olmstead Brothers and with St. Johns River frontage, dogs and owners alike will love this historic park! There's plenty of grass, shade under ancient oak trees, and paved path along the river. Free. Riverside
7. John Gorrie Dog Park inside Riverside Park - This park is located in the northwest corner of Riverside Park adjacent to College Street. A fenced in area, dogs will enjoy meeting other furry friends! The park has plenty of shade from live oaks and cabbage palmetto, picnic tables, and doggie waste bags. Free. Riverside
8. Durbin Creek Animal Hospital - Our animal hospital has space to roam and doggie bags surrounded by beautiful Florida flatwoods pine trees and saw palmetto! Coming to see the Doc? Looking to meet up? Enjoy or little piece of paradise. Free. South Jacksonville at the entrance to Bartram Springs
9. Ed Austin Regional Park Dog Park - This park has plenty of shade, a water spicket, and doggie waste bags. Local citizens have worked hard to make this a fun and safe park! Free. Arlington
10. Jacksonville Beach Dog Access - Does your dog love the beach? Well, bring them along! Dogs are welcome on the beaches from October 1 - March 13 from 9:00am - 5:00pm so as to not disrupt sea turtles nesting and to avoid the busy tourist season. Dogs must be leashed and waste must be picked up.
11. Mikler's Beach Ponte Vedra Beach Dog Access - Dogs are allowed on leash 24/7 at Mikler's Beach! Bring your dog for a day at the beach!
12. Atlantic Beach Dog Access - Dogs are allowed on Atlantic beach from 9:00am - 5:00pm leashed.
13. Neptune Beach Dog Access - Dogs are allowed on Atlantic beach from 9:00am - 5:00pm leashed.
Membership Based Parks
1. Brew Hound Dog Park and Bar - Gather with your dogs at this park like setting in Neptune Beach! Grab a coffee or beer and let your dogs roam. They have separate areas for large and small breed dogs and they even have Ruffarees to make sure the dogs are safe and having fun! Purchase a daily pass or save with a monthly or year pass! Located in Neptune Beach.
2. Kanine Social - Enjoy a beer, wine, cider, kombucha or locally brewed coffee in this indoor and outdoor play arena! You can visit on a day pass or save with a monthly or yearly pass! Purchase your pass online before your first visit and get a FREE beer! Located in Riverside.
3. Dog Wood Park Jacksonville - Dog Wood Park is located off Belfort Parkway and offers a pond and plenty of space to roam. Memberships are $37.95/month and you can add on a self serve dog wash station for $9. Southside of Jacksonville
4. Paws Dog Park in Jacksonville Beach - Paws Park has a large lake to walk around, amazing art from local authors, and plenty of room to roam! They have a separate area for small dogs, water bowls, and benches. Membership for the year is $75 for large dogs and $25 for additional dogs or $50 for small dogs and $25 for each additional dog. Located in Jacksonville Beach.
5. Kathryn Abby Hanna Park and Beach - Enjoy a pristine Jacksonville Beach with your dog at Hanna Park! Entry is just $3/vehicle and dogs can enjoy designated areas on leash. Hike the trails or bask in the sun, it's a Jacksonville local's spot your dog will love! Located off Wonderwood Drive at North Jacksonville's beaches.
6. Atlantic Beach Dog Park - With a pond and a path, dog families will enjoy Atlantic Beach Dog Park! The park has a separate small dog area or you can mix and mingle with the larger breeds. Membership is $50/year and $25 for each additional dog. Located in Atlantic Beach.